New video on alpine photovoltaic
Several researchers present their latest work on Swiss alpine solar photovoltaic installations, also frequently called alpine PV.
In this video, we have interviewed our partners according to their area of expertise on alpine PV, as follows:
• Evelina Trutnevyte, Co-leader of the SWEET EDGE programme at the University of Geneva (UNIGE): Do we really need alpine PV in Switzerland?
• Michael Lehning, Co-leader of the SWEET EDGE programme at the Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL): What are the technical advantages of alpine PV? Is alpine PV really more efficient? What about the snow cover?
• Varun Sharma, Co-Founder and CEO at SUNWELL: What could an alpine PV project look like?
• Yael Frischholz, Doctoral Student in Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL): How does Mutsee work? What research do you do?
• Isabelle Stadelmann-Steffen, Professor of Political Science at the University of Bern (UNIBE): What is the current policy state? Are alpine PV installations acceptable to the general public?
• Mak Dukan, Post-doctoral student in the Climate Finance & Policy (CFP) research group of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich): What about financing alpine PV?
Find out more about the current state of alpine PV in Switzerland and let us know what you think in comments below!